google.com, pub-1966210621826395, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Silvertone Rockit SG copy modification

Silvertone Rockit SG pickup modification




Had to change the pickup on this one, because the old one squeals a lot and the feedback was unbearable during live gigs. So I put on Warman Zebra Humbuckers on neck and bridge. It's a cheap pickup in terms of price but the sound and tone it can produce is great. Also I put a foil on the pots and toggle switch because I thought that perhaps that's one of the causes of feedback on this guitar. But I think it was mostly the pickups, anyway, I still put foil just to be sure.

On this review, I was using Panther Tega-10 by Hohner practise amp and there's also modification on this practise amp that I did.  Plus I plugged the guitar on my Zoom G1xOn multieffects pedal just to recreate the sound of my Roland Cube Street. Because there's not much on this Hohner Panther practise amp. No reverb or channel selection. Just simple setting of Master Volume, Gain, Volume, EQ and that's it.

I used my Huawei Honor 7 phone to record this video. My HTC One got a better audio and video quality but I think this one works out well too. Not that far from HTC One.

No comments:

Post a Comment